Steps Choreography/Performance Classes
Throughout the year, Steps Dance Studio offers performance classes in Salsa (on 1 and on 2), Cha Cha, Bachata, Casino Rueda, Latin Hustle as well as Ladies' Only or Men's Only Styling Performance Classes.
These performance classes take place once a week but require a longer time commitment than our regular 8 week syllabus classes. Most performance classes run for 12-20 weeks. As well, the students in the performance classes often meet at the studio to practice outside of their regularly scheduled performance class timeslot.
Most performance classes are geared to intermediate or advanced students. Please see the prerequisites for the performance class you are considering.
Is there a secret performer in you dying to get out? Do you want to take your dancing to the next level? Do you have trouble remembering turn patterns? Do you just want more of a challenge? Then this class is for you!
- A choreography/performance class will help to:
- Improve your memory of turn patterns and shines
- Enhance your styling
- Improve your timing and musicality
- Increase your confidence on the dance floor
- Meet people to practice with
- Have fun!
- Perform at a STEPS Studio Party, at local Toronto events/nightclubs and maybe the Canada Salsa Congress!
Upcoming Choreography/Performance Classes:
SALSA PERFORMANCE CLASS
This performance class will incorporate more advanced turns, variations and Salsa footwork and will add style and flavour to your dancing. Body movement drills will help you add that sexiness that is needed to make this dance look effortless.
- Dates: Monday March 18, 2013 - October 7, 2013
- Time: 9:15pm-10:15pm
- Instructors: Jennifer Aucoin & Angelo De Torres
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Prerequisites: Minimum Intermediate 2 at Steps, or equivalent
- Price: $465 (25 weeks, can pay in three installments - March, June and August)
- Performance Date: Canada Salsa Congress, Sun. Oct. 13th + other events in Toronto; dates to be confirmed
- All students that register for performance class must commit to the entire course.
- Click here to watch our most recent Student Bachata Performance Class onstage at the Toronto Bachata Festival, February 2013: www.youtube.com/watch
Please note that pre-registration is necessary for the Choreography/Performance classes so that we can determine if there are an equal number of men and women.
Payment for performance classes lasting longer than 12 weeks can be made in two installments. First installment due before or on the first day of the course, 2nd installment due half way through the course.
Drop-ins are not permitted in the Choreography/Performance classes.
We ask that everyone who registers, commits to the full course as well as possible additional free practice sessions with the group.
Costumes will be paid for by the students (students will have input on what they wear and on how much they want to pay for the costumes).
If a student misses a choreography/performance class, we ask that they meet with student(s) from the class to learn what was missed before the next scheduled class or that they book a private with the instructor. There are no make-up classes for a Performance/Choreography Class.